At Neurogene, we are working to provide medicines to improve the lives of neurologically impaired children and their families. We envision a world in which all families have access to genetic medicines, even if the disorder is exceedingly rare. For children, our goal is to enable them to have a healthier future. For families, we want to make their lives better by easing the challenges of caring for someone with a devastating neurological disorder. As an employee of Neurogene, you will be part of a culture helping to make this dream a reality, collaborating with people in a start-up environment, whose mission is to improve the lives of the patients we serve and make the world a better place.
The role of the Supply Chain Associate position will be general shipping, receiving, stocking, handling, and distribution of materials, purchasing and planning at Neurogene. This position will help maintain an uninterrupted supply of raw materials by ensuring the warehouse and other storage locations are kept in an organized and accurate state of control.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Facility shipping, receiving, stocking and associated administrative tasks
- Completion of warehouse transactions using inventory control software application
- Periodic inventory of warehouse stock
- Support manufacturing with kitting and distribution of materials
- Communicate with vendors, requesting quotes, and sending purchase orders
- Write and review SOPs and change control documents for supply chain work areas
- Ensure proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements
- Participate in facility safety programs
- May be asked to perform various “housekeeping” activities such as keeping work areas and equipment clean, etc.
- Work Schedule – Day shift
- Travel <10%
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
- Quality Responsibility
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- All personnel are responsible for notifying responsible management in a timely manner of regulatory inspections, serious GMP deficiencies, product defects and related actions (e.g. quality related complaints, recalls, regulatory actions, etc.).
- Works on problems of moderate scope. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions and in determining appropriate action.
- Leadership Responsibility
- Education – Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years warehousing or related supply chain experience
- Experience in GMP environment a plus
- Licenses or Certifications
- Working knowledge of basic inventory control methods
- ERP knowledge (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics 365 etc.) a plus
- Able to perform procedures according to written guidelines
- Able to develop or revise procedures when required
- Good basic computer skills
- Interact effectively with staff members from multiple levels and departments
- Ability to lift 50lbs, assisted.
- Project management skill a plus
- Working Conditions
- A majority of the work is done in a warehouse or manufacturing environment. Work may involve high energy hazards, such as high-pressure gases, flammable materials, cryogenic operations, and chemical hazards such as strong acids and bases. In some areas, gowning (e.g. lab coat, face mask, shoe covers, hair and beard nets etc.) may be required.