At Neurogene, we are working to provide medicines to improve the lives of neurologically impaired children and their families. We envision a world in which all families have access to genetic medicines, even if the disorder is exceedingly rare. For children, our goal is to enable them to have a healthier future. For families, we want to make their lives better by easing the challenges of caring for someone with a devastating neurological disorder. As an employee of Neurogene, you will be part of a culture helping to make this dream a reality, collaborating with people in a start-up environment, whose mission is to improve the lives of the patients we serve and make the world a better place.
The role of this position is to help implement and maintain a Preventive Maintenance and Calibration program at Neurogene. This position will help maintain manufacturing and utility equipment in a calibrated and operational state.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Follow preventive maintenance and calibration procedures for key processes and equipment.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance on bioprocessing equipment in the facility.
- Operate and monitor plant support equipment, including purified water systems, boilers, HVAC and compressed air.
- Assist with maintaining an up-to-date working spare parts inventory system.
- Assist in start-up and qualification (validation) of new equipment installations and modifications.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of process and utility equipment.
- May collaborate with other departmental teams to complete specialized equipment maintenance projects, such as equipment upgrades or changeover between products, etc.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed to meet company requirements.
Participate in facility safety programs.
- May be asked to perform various “housekeeping” activities, such as keeping work areas and equipment clean, etc.
- Work Schedule – Day shift
- Travel – <10%
- Knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Works on problems of moderate scope.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions and in determining appropriate action.
- Notifies management of any problems in a timely manner.
- Associate’s Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Studies in maintenance engineering, electronics, refrigeration, or other related fields, a plus
- Minimum 3 years general maintenance experience
- Experience in a medical facility environment a plus
- Working knowledge of utility control and building management systems a plus
- Able to perform procedures according to written guidelines
- Demonstrate skills in problem-solving and provide solutions
- Interact effectively with staff members from multiple levels and departments
- Able to clearly communicate observations with team members from other departments
- Ability to lift 50lbs, assisted.
- Working Conditions
- A majority of the work is done in a manufacturing and lab environment.
- Work may involve common hazards found in a manufacturing and lab environment.
- In some areas, gowning (ie: lab coat, face mask, shoe covers, hair or beard nets, etc.) may be required.