At Neurogene, we are working to provide medicines to improve the lives of neurologically impaired children and their families. We envision a world in which all families have access to genetic medicines, even if the disorder is exceedingly rare. For children, our goal is to enable them to have a healthier future. For families, we want to make their lives better by easing the challenges of caring for someone with a devastating neurological disorder. As an employee of Neurogene, you will be part of a culture helping to make this dream a reality, collaborating with people in a start-up environment, whose mission is to improve the lives of the patients we serve and make the world a better place.
The role of the Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is to collaborate with business leaders and managers to support employees in talent processes, including recruitment, hiring, learning, development and engagement, to maintain a high-performance culture and ensure resources are appropriately developed and allocated. In partnership with the Executive Director, HR, this role will support employees through the performance management process, ensuring results are achieved and values are demonstrated; and will partner with HR service providers, including Payroll and HR Information Systems, as well as execute our Total Rewards, benefits and compensation strategy.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Support the entire employee life cycle through pre-hire to retire and manage all HR process, procedures and workflows.
• Partner with functional leaders to support an integrated people strategy to advance our pipeline and programs.
• Provide guidance and support to effectively deliver workforce planning; identify critical roles and capabilities; align resourcing to deliver company strategy and objectives; and shape plans to improve succession and talent development.
• Champion a collaborative and innovative culture by encouraging proactive teamwork and creative problem solving and supporting managers in coaching, providing feedback and developing employees.
• Day-to-day advisor and subject matter expert on policies, interpreting and implementing procedures, guidelines and rules.
• Coach managers on navigating employee issues, employee handbook, performance management and recognition.
• Ensure effective talent programs and processes and learning and development plans are delivered.
• Assist in identifying appropriate roles and leveling and help with the creation job descriptions.
• Support managers in integrating new employees to successfully to launch their careers and deliver against objectives early.
• Monitor employee feedback during the review process, highlighting any consistencies or emerging issues that may impact a high-performance culture.
• Support managers to design and implement performance improvement plans for those struggling to deliver.
• Provide counsel on discipline matters, including management options and termination procedures.
• Adjudicate dispute resolution process for escalated grievances.
• Assume accountability for off-boarding leavers, ensuring all company property and data is protected and lessons learned are incorporated into future processes, evaluations and people strategies.
• Coordinate the annual performance, salary and bonus evaluation process.
• Complete and coordinate employees surveys, while continuously monitoring the company culture, and recommend interventions required to maintain a high-performance culture.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills
- Bachelors Degree
- SHRM or other HR Certifications a plus
- 8+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience
- Experience working in a life-sciences/biotech environment
- Previous HR business partnering experience supporting Research & Development organizations
- Management of outsourced HR Providers
- Knowledge Talent Management and Organization Design Principles
- Change Leadership and Leadership Development Frameworks
- Life Science and Biotech industry knowledge
- HRIS systems and project implementation
- Systems Thinking
- Ability to connect people strategy to the business strategy
- Ability to work cross functionality and act as a business partner
- Proven success in working effectively with senior leadership to impact and influence decision-making
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and presentation skills with an ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Strong investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to apply judgment to data insights and organization decisions to drive effectiveness and innovation
- Coaching of colleagues to ensure compliance with company policies and processes