Neurogene exists to provide medicines to cure or substantially improve the lives of families and people living with neurologic impairment. The day to day difficulty of caring for someone with a devastating neurologic disorder is a heavy burden for families, and we imagine a world where families no longer have to hear the message that their rare disease has no treatment. As an employee of Neurogene, you will be helping to make this dream a reality, and part of a culture of people in a start-up environment on a mission to make the world a better place!
The VP of Finance is an essential leadership role, is fully integrated into Neurogene’s senior management, and requires an individual who can execute both strategic and tactical. This position is responsible for building and maintaining Neurogene’s finance support function to enable the business to function and our corporate objectives. It is essential that the approach to finance is pragmatic for a start-up environment and evolves with the company to support its growth and maturity.
Primary Accountabilities, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to accounting operations, including transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and on a cash basis.
- Lead senior management in financial planning. Work with other team members to understand cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Analyze company’s financial results. Issue regular status and ad-hoc reports to senior management and materials for review by the Board of Directors, including but not limited to coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Manage and collaborate with a third-party auditor to deliver audited financials as needed.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows
- Interacting with current and prospective investors and board of directors as required.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 7+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical corporate experience required
- Experience working in an early stage pre-revenue healthcare company strongly preferred
- Merger/acquisition experience preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Ability to collaborate with all department leaders to get optimal results
- Investor experience is preferred but not required