Neurogene exists to provide medicines to cure or substantially improve the lives of families and people living with neurologic impairment. The day to day difficulty of caring for someone with a devastating neurologic disorder is a heavy burden for families, and we imagine a world where families no longer have to hear the message that their rare disease has no treatment. As an employee of Neurogene, you will be helping to make this dream a reality, and part of a culture of people in a start-up environment on a mission to make the world a better place!
To establish and manage the supply chain function at Neurogene including all aspects of planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products to meet company objectives. This role will ensure that materials are available to support ongoing development and manufacturing operations. This involves directing and administering production control, inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials storage of both finished products and raw materials. The role will encompass managing both external and internal stakeholders to achieve defined development timelines.
Primary Accountabilities, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Manages supply chain staff at the Neurogene manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for receiving materials, supplies, equipment and services while maintaining inventory in conjunction with accounting personnel.
- Coordinates with the Manufacturing, Process/Analytical Development, Quality Control and Facilities & Engineering departments to schedule delivery of materials, supplies, equipment, and services according to requirements of the company’s operations.
- Manages supplier relationships and tracks performance. Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages, however caused.
- Assists in sourcing of raw materials and services to obtain high quality with competitive pricing and terms to help meet budgetary targets.
- Supports the shipping and receiving functions of the company and oversees the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Ensures that the company’s established procedures are followed in connection with all Supply Chain departmental functions.
- Ensures deviations are properly investigated and closed.
- Assists in coordinating recalls when deemed necessary.
- Performs job functions in compliance with cGMP regulations and company procedures and policies.
- Participates in facility safety programs.
- Hire, train, and supervise direct reports, and encourage continuing education and development.
Essential Job Functions
- Work Schedule: Day shift
- Travel <10%
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
- Quality Responsibility
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- All personnel are responsible for notifying responsible management in a timely manner of regulatory inspections, serious GMP deficiencies, product defects and related actions (e.g. quality related complaints, recalls, regulatory actions, etc.).
- Job Scope
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review and evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions and in determining appropriate action.
- Leadership Responsibility
- Provides appropriate coaching and performance feedback to all direct reports and assures that all team members are being developed.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Supply Chain experience required. 3-5 years of relevant experience in a regulated industry (preferably FDA regulated biotech/ pharmaceutical).
- Additional years of relevant experience may also qualify.
- Licenses or Certifications IATA Shipping Certification a plus
- Must have an introductory knowledge of cGMP requirements
- Working knowledge of Inventory Control systems
- Able to perform procedures according to written guidelines.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to write reports without supervision and develop new procedures when required.
- Demonstrate skills in problem-solving and provide solutions.
- Interact effectively with staff members from multiple levels and departments.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects or assignments at one time, including ability to follow assignments through to completion and meet deadlines.
- Able to clearly communicate observations with management from other departments.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, assisted.
- Demonstrated strength as a manager including mentoring and coaching of staff, establishing priorities, and delivering on projects within budget and on time.
- Working Conditions
- A majority of the work is done in a private office and warehouse environment with use of a personal computer or meetings held in a conference room. Eyestrain and/or repetitive motion symptoms may occur due to extensive use of the computer.
Email cover letter and resume to GQRrecruitment@neurogene.com .Apply Now