Neurogene exists to provide medicines to cure or substantially improve the lives of families and people living with neurologic impairment. The day to day difficulty of caring for someone with a devastating neurologic disorder is a heavy burden for families, and we imagine a world where families no longer have to hear the message that their rare disease has no treatment. As an employee of Neurogene, you will be helping to make this dream a reality, and part of a culture of people in a start-up environment on a mission to make the world a better place!
Reporting into the VP, Technical Operations, the Project Manager plans and supervises a variety of projects in support of multiple programs at Neurogene. The successful candidate will organize and oversee all aspects of coordination, timing, and contractor activities related to progressing internal and external projects related to manufacturing. The primary objective is to ensure all activities are well organized, tracked, and completed in a timely and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in the aspects of GMP product manufacturing, testing, release, and shipment to clinical sites. The ideal candidate will also have capital project experience in the establishment of manufacturing capacity for biologics manufacturing. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
Although experience working in Gene Therapy is not required, a genuine interest in the space is highly valued. Biologics manufacturing in a GMP environment is a plus.
- Manage strategic projects utilizing project methodology, tools and processes, to meet agreed scopes, timelines, deliverables, budgets, resource estimates and success criteria.
- Track and report on the progress of assigned projects to Contract Manufacturing Organizations and Vendors
- Apply effective problem-solving individually to address challenges encountered in successful project delivery.
- Escalate issues appropriately.Exceptional presentation and written/verbal communication skills with demonstrated success
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to lead cross-functional hands-on teams.
- Ensures appropriate transfer of projects between groups, both internal and external.
Essential Job Functions
- Work Schedule – Day shift, Travel 20%
- Knowledgeable and complies with all company safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills
- Education: BSc Biological Science or related, PMP or equivalent will be an advantage
- Experience: Proven experience as a Project Manager ideally from a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Experience with capital projects which included or involved cleanrooms, laboratories, office space, and various support areas is a significant advantage
- Experience with manufacturing operations for biologics is a significant plus
- Knowledge • Working knowledge of GMP
- In-depth understanding of project management principles (some experience with capital projects needed, but relevant operational experience for startup/readiness projects may substitute)
- Skills • Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Familiarity with project management software;
- Outstanding communication and matrix management skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Working Conditions:A majority of the work is done in a stressful and demanding environment and consists mostly of office work.
Please email GQRrecruitment@neurogene.com to apply.Apply Now